What to Consider When Buying a Conveyor
Conveyors are used to move products around within a business. Many people think of conveyors as huge, heavy pieces of machinery (which they can indeed be), but even small businesses can make use of conveyors for packaging and transportation of products.
What You Should Consider When Investing In A Conveyor
1. Speed: How many products do you need to be moved in a specific amount of time, this will help you decide on the speed of the system you require.
2. Power: Do you require a conveyor which is powered by a motor, and if so how powerful a motor do you require? Or will you be able to work with a gravity roller or unpowered conveyor?
3. Noise: Are there any noise level requirements that you need to be aware of, i.e. there may be regulatory requirements that you need to adhere to.
4. Space: How large a space do you have for your conveyor? You need to take into account room for staff and healthy and safety requirements.
5. Costs: You will need to take into account the initial costs of the conveyor, and then the operational and maintenance costs.
Our specialist team at Mobility Engineering will be able to chat over with you all of your options and we are here to help you find the most efficient and cost effective option for your business.
If you are looking for a specialist conveyor or materials handling system call us on 01925 755923 or contact us via our website.