Stainless Steel Roller Conveyors
Stainless steel roller conveyors are generally used in the food processing, pharmaceutical and hygiene industries. Stainless steel conveyors can run without lubrication systems even when used at high speeds.
Stainless Steel Roller Grades
Generally the stainless steel roller tube will be supplied in 304 grade stainless steel. Grade 304 stainless steel is the standard 18/8 stainless steel that you will generally see on items such as pans and cookery equipment. Rollers can also be supplied in 316L stainless steel where required.
Features and Advantages of Stainless Steel Roller Conveyors
- As mentioned, they can be run at high speeds without lubrication systems.
- They are very easy to clean, as as they are manufactured from stainless steel they can be regularly washed and hosed down with no issues regarding rusting.
- They are highly resistant to aggressive chemicals.
- They can be assembled with rollers which range from one inch to three inches in diameter.
- The rollers can have semi-precision or precision bearing options.
Stainless steel roller conveyors can be used to handle lightweight and small packaged products or in food processing areas where hygiene is stringent and frequent washing down is required.